Sunday, October 4, 2015

Grammie's Ginger Snaps



Only nine ingredients and a little bit of time stands between you and these spicy, sweet ginger snaps. These are so easy to pull together. My kids love rolling them in the sugar and placing them on the baking sheet. I prefer to use raw sugar to roll the cookies in - it's crunchier than regular granulated so it adds a great texture element.

The video below was made by my 11 year old - I think she did a great job - don't you?




Ingredients

3/4 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup molasses
2.5 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp salt

1 cup extra granulated sugar or raw sugar in bowl for dipping cookies

Instructions

  1. Cream butter and 1 cup sugar well.
  2. Beat in egg.
  3. Mix in molasses.
  4. In another bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and salt.
  5. Add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
  6. Shape into 1 inch balls.
  7. Roll in sugar and on baking sheet.
  8. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
  9. Cool on pan for 5 minutes and then transer to wire racks to cool completely.

Makes about 4 dozen cookies.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh... I've always rolled my gingersnaps in plain sugar, but I'm totally on board with using coarse sugar instead. Genius idea!
    Also, hats off to your daughter for the video. She did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete